Upgrade Information for existing Money Manager users
Money Manager 7 was released in October 2011 and replaces Money Manager 6 / Money Manager 2000. It has been designed to run happily on both 64-bit and 32-bit versions of Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8.
If you wish to upgrade to Money Manager 7 you will first need to purchase a new User Licence Code (at a discounted, upgrade price) from our online ordering site.
Existing users of Money Manager should note the following points before deciding whether to upgrade to Money Manager 7:
- For users of Money Manager and Final Accounts - There is NO associated version of Final Accounts which will work with Money Manager 7. If you need to use Final Accounts then we would recommend that you do not upgrade to Money Manager 7.
- For users of Money Manager and Office Manager - Our Office Manager software was discontinued a number of years ago and will not be re-issued. Money Manager 7 will NOT work with any versions of Office Manager.
- For users of Money Manager and Payroll Manager - Money Manager 7 is fully compatible with our Payroll Software.
- Upgrade Prices - Money Manager Business Edition Upgrade price is £50 + VAT, Money Manager Personal Edition Upgrade price is £25 + VAT. In order to qualify for the upgrade price you will need to go to Buy Online Now and enter your current User Licence Code (ULC) into the relevant box on our online ordering system. If you are unsure of your ULC it can be found within your current Money Manager program by clicking 'Help-System Info' on the menu. Your ULC ends in the letter 'U' or 'W' (ignore anything shown in brackets).
- Software Installation - We no longer supply our software on CD (or floppy disc!), nor do we provide a printed manual. Everything is done online, and the software can be downloaded at any time from our website using your new Money Manager 7 User Licence Code. The Help system is contained within the software itself, and is updated whenever the program itself is updated.
- Data Compatibility - Money Manager 7 can read-in data from versions 5, 6 and 2000 of Money Manager. For earlier versions please contact us.
What is the difference between Money Manager 7 and older versions of Money Manager?
Money Manager 7 has been completely re-written so that it can be run on all recent versions of Windows, including Windows 7. The 'look and feel' of the program remains the same, so there is no significant re-learning process. We have added numerous extra features to the program, such as VAT online filing (Business Edition only), improved standard entries, PDF reports, no limits on the number of codes, user defined code lengths of up to 32 characters, more control over the presentation of reports, and fully-customisable detailed statements.
What will happen when I install Money Manager 7 ?
- If you are installing Money Manager 7 onto a computer that already has a previous version of Money Manager installed - The installation program should detect that you have a previous version of Money Manager and offer to copy all your data to a new folder (by default this is a sub-folder called "Money" in your 'My Documents' folder). We strongly recommend that you allow the program to do this. Your original data will stay wherever it is now, and the new Money Manager 7 program will work on the new copies of the data. As always, please make sure that you always have adequate backups of all your data.
- If you are installing Money Manager for the first time on this computer, and your previous version of Money Manager is on a different computer - Install Money Manager 7 onto your new computer, then copy your Money Manager data files from the 'old' computer to the 'new' one. Normally, your data files on the old computer will be in a folder called 'C:\Money'. You need to copy them into the folder called 'Money' which is in the 'Documents' or 'My Documents' folder on the new computer.
If we find and fix any bugs then we will issue a program update. Your program will periodically check for updates and prompt you to download them.